- 84 Degree Opening
- Steel Construction
- Stack Height 13mm
- Available in 12″ & 16″ – (Top Hung) or (Side Hung)
- 4mm packers to convert 13mm stays to a 17mm stack height. CLICK HERE
- Fitting screws. CLICK HERE
Hinge designs may change from time to time, but the sizes remain constant so variations in the images and hinges received may vary, however it is the same product.
Nico Top Hung Restricted Window Hinge 16” 414mm
These 13mm stack height hinges are designed to open to approx. 10cm for safety and security. They have a push button release to allow the window to open to approx. 84 degrees, they will stay in any open position by means of friction & are common on top-hung uPVC or aluminium.
Some reasons why your friction window hinge may need to be replaced:
- You are having difficulty when opening & closing the window.
- The window feels jammed or seized.
- The window sash is not closing tightly into frame.
- There are draughts coming in the edge of your window frame.
- The window slides back closed after you open it.
- All of the above are symptoms of a failed window hinge, and failed window hinges not only allow cold draughts into your home, they are also a security risk.
Use our repair screws if you are drilling into existing holes and self-tapping screws for new holes. CLICK HERE
Our hinges are 13mm as standard, if you are not sure the height of the stack please air on caution and order our hinge packers which are 4mm and can ensure that if your stack is 17mm you have the parts you need to repair your window. To order hinge packers CLICK HERE. If you are not sure or need a 17mm stack height we recommend purchasing our hinge packers, which clip onto the hinge and convert a standard hinge into a high stack
Ordering the correct hinge
This hinge has a 13mm Stack Depth (see choosing the right hinge diagram). A 17mm Stack is also available but you will need to contact us on our contact page for these. To order the correct hinge you must measure the hinge you are going to replace, please ensure you:- Chose the right hang type – are your windows:
- Top Hung (swings from top with a handle on the bottom of the sash) or Side Hung (swings from one side with a handle on the opposite side)
- Hinge Length – length of the hinge part that fixes to the window frame
There are different styles of double glazed windows and we have various friction hinges to suit them such as top Hung, Egress Easy Clean, Restricted Opening. Click on the different style to go to that page
We have the following hinges to order: