Nico Side Hung Standard Friction Window Hinge 12” 311mm
Side hung window hinges are fixed to the top and bottom of the window with the hinges in the inside of the sash closing and securing the sash to the frame. When a hinge is jamming, stiff or hard to open or close it is time to change them, you may see s gap in the inside corner of your window sash where the sash is not sealing up tight to the frame, this causes draughts and allows cold air to come in the window, which also allows all your warm air to escape and leak outside.
1 pair of 12” 311mm Nico uPVC Side Hung Window Stay Friction Hinges (one pair)
These 13mm stack height hinges are designed to stay in any open position by means of friction & are common on side-hung uPVC or aluminium.
Some reasons why your friction window hinge may need to be replaced:
- You are having difficulty when opening & closing the window.
- The window feels jammed or seized.
- The window sash is not closing tightly into the frame.
- There are draughts coming in the edge of your window frame.
- The window slides back closed after you open it.
All of the above are symptoms of a failed window hinge, and failed window hinges not only allow cold draughts into your home, they are also a security risk.
- 87 Degree Opening
- Steel Construction
- Tested to 30,000 Cycles
- Stack Height 13mm
- Hinge designs may change from time to time, but the sizes remain constant so variations in the images and hinges received may vary, however it is the same product.
Use our repair screws if you are drilling into existing holes and self-tapping screws for new holes. CLICK HERE
Our hinges are 13mm as standard, if you are not sure the height of the stack please air on caution and order our hinge packers which are 4mm and can ensure that if your stack is 17mm you have the parts you need to repair your window. To order hinge packers CLICK HERE
If you are not sure or need a 17mm stack height we recommend purchasing our hinge packers, which clip onto the hinge and convert a standard hinge into a high stack
Ordering the correct hinge
This hinge has a 13mm Stack Depth (see choosing the right hinge diagram). A 17mm Stack is also available but you will need to contact us on our contact page for these. To order the correct hinge you must measure the hinge you are going to replace, please ensure you:- Chose the right hang type – are your windows:
- Top Hung (swings from the top with the handle on the bottom of the sash) or Side Hung (swings from one side with the handle on the opposite side)
- Hinge Length – length of the hinge part that fixes to the window frame
We have the following hinges:
|Description||Size (“)||Opening (°)||Width (mm)||Height (mm)||Weight (kg)||Stack Height 13mm||SKU|
Click HERE for the returns form. This MUST be filled out and all returns must come with these returns for, otherwise, we cannot accept them,
If you have queries on any of our products or if the part you require is not on our site please use our CONTACT FORM to send us a picture or part number of the part you need, we will get back to you and get you sorted ASAP.
People who bought these also bought: