D’Best Doors and Windows
Unit 7 Heatherview Business Park
D’Best Doors and Windows are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Good information handling makes good business sense. By doing this we believe we will enhance our business’s reputation, increase customer and employee confidence, and by making sure personal information is accurate, relevant and safe, save both time and money.
Collection of Information – Your consent
Collection of your Information
We may collect and process the following data:
- Information you provide when buying our products or services;
- Information you provide to us by filling in our forms;
- Information collected through correspondence with our Sales and/or Customer Relations teams;
- Information you provide to us through the recruitment process;
- Information you provide to us in order to register for alerts;
Social Media interaction;
(employee applications)Statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns for the administration of your application for employment;
Personally identifiable information
We may require you to submit personally identifiable information in order for you to make use of our services. You confirm that any information you enter or provide will be true. We will only request and collect information which is necessary or reasonable in order to provide you with your requested services and to improve the services that we provide. It will not be a requirement to provide any additional information which is not needed to provide the services.
Reasons for Collection of your Information
In the course of our dealing with you we may collect and process certain information about you, including your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including your email address and contact telephone number), payment details (where applicable), and other information about you in respect of which services and products may be provided. Your personal information may be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents to:
- identify you during any communication between you and us;
- assess eligibility for services and products (whether provided by us or on our behalf);
- carry out regulatory checks and meet our obligations to our regulators;
- communicate with you to arrange the provision of such services and products;
- administer and provide such services and products;
- detect and prevent loss, fraud and other criminal activity;
- carry out credit reference checks through associated third parties;
- carry out market research and to help us review, develop and improve the services and products we offer; and
- contact you (in accordance with your preferences), by post, telephone, SMS, email and other electronic means with information about products, services, promotions, and offers that may be of interest to you.
- Keep legal certificates and work records relating to the services we have provided to you including details relating to:
Warranty, maintenance and guarantee information;
Any information which we consider may be required by the Health and Safety notice, product recall or modification;
Industry Body Documentation and records;
Records of Advice given;
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose personal information held by us to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees or agents if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any agreement we have with or otherwise concerning you, or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
With whom do we share your personal information?
Third parties such as our Principal, a finance credit broker, credit reference agencies (who may check the information against other databases, public or private to which they have access), or fraud prevention agencies. This information may come from your interactions with us or them through applying for finance or other consumer finance product; or ascertain from the way in which the loan is administered and managed.
In connection with the above purposes, your personal information may be transferred to, or otherwise processed by third party service providers acting on our behalf, our agents and law enforcement authorities (including the police).
Access to Information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information held about you. You also have the right to ask for inaccuracies in information to be corrected. Any access request is not subject to a fee unless the requests are unreasonable in which case a fee may be charged and will be disclosed at the time of request. A copy of the information held about you by us can be requested by writing to us at the address shown.
Transfer of Information Abroad
We will not transfer your personal information outside the EU without first obtaining your consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Change of Policy
We may occasionally change the Privacy Notice to reflect customer and company feedback. Any changes will be shown on this page.
Our business has the effective processes to identify report, manage and resolve any personal data breaches.
Dealing with Data Protection Complaints
We aim to comply fully with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations. If a customer has any questions or concerns regarding our company’s management of personal data including their right to access data about themselves, then they should contact Liz Reilly, who is responsible for ensuring our company, is compliant with data protection and is the nominated data protection lead or Data Protection Officer (DPO).
There are two courses of action:
- Contact the director to process the complaint.
- If the customer is still dissatisfied, they can go directly to the Data Protection Commissioner, the body that oversees data protection and the GDPR. They can be contacted on https://www.dataprotection.ie/.
This Policy shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.